Loans for Your Every Need!
A wide range of loans at competitive rates
Need a loan for a personal reason or preference? Glass City offers loans for various personal needs including for special purchases, medical expenses, debt consolidation, holiday and vacation spending, as well as household and back-to-school essentials. The maximum loan amount for personal loans is $40,000, and terms of up to 120 months are available.
*APR = Annual Percentage Rate. The payment example at 12% interest rate/12% APR: monthly installments of $112 based on a $1,200 loan for 12 months; includes a fully protected loan with optional life/disability/unemployment coverage. Finance charges and interest begin accruing upon loan consummation, including during the 60-day payment deferral period. Finance charges up to $92 for life of loan. Maximum loan amount of $1,200; maximum loan term of 12 monthly payments. No down payment is required. $25 processing fee if loan documents are not signed electronically, which results in 15.549% APR based on payment example. Rate and offer is subject to change at any time without notice. Other restrictions may apply. Offer valid for loan applications received from November 1, 2020 through January 31, 2021 only. Subject to membership eligibility, credit approval, and application.
Share Savings Secured Loans
With a Share Savings Secured Loan you borrow against your savings at Glass City and receive a low-rate loan, while still earning interest on the deposited savings funds. Terms of up to 60 months are available and rates vary based on the term of the loan.
Credit Builder Share Savings or CD-secured Loan
Need to establish or re-establish your credit? Glass City’s Credit Builder Loan may be the answer for you! With a Credit Builder Loan, you can build or rebuild your credit rating, and also grow funds in a savings or Certificate of Deposit account (plus dividends) while you borrow and make monthly loan payments.
Glass City Credit Builder Loan Overview:
- The amount you borrow is deposited into a Glass City savings account or Certificate of Deposit that you cannot touch until the loan is repaid.
- You make monthly payments on the loan for the term selected.
- As you repay on time, you establish a positive payment history that Glass City reports to the credit bureaus. Satisfactory payments are those received by Glass City on or before the due date for at least the scheduled payment amount.
- Based on favorable reporting to the credit bureaus, your credit history and credit score may improve over time.
- A higher credit score translates into better rates on future loans. It can also have a positive impact in obtaining insurance and certain jobs that consider credit history.
- When you finish repaying the loan, you’ll have the full balance in the Glass City savings account or CD including dividends earned to use as you please – for a down payment, education, home improvements, or anything you desire.
Credit Builder Loan Features:
- Loan amounts from $500 to $3,000
- Terms from 12 to 24 months
- Loan funds (in the Glass City savings account or CD) earn dividends – click here for deposit rates
- Low fixed interest rate at 3.50% APR
The granting of a Credit Builder Loan does not guarantee qualification for future Glass City financing. All loans are subject to membership eligibility and credit approval.
Member’s Choice™ Borrower Security
Protect your family against the unexpected
Protecting your loan balance or loan payments against death, disability, or involuntary unemployment could help protect your finances. This protection could cancel your loan balance or payments up to the loan contract maximums.
The Borrower Security “Life Plus” package adds protection of your loan balance or payments for life events including accidental dismemberment, terminal illness, hospitalization, family medical leave, and the loss of life of a non-protected dependent.
Click here for additional program details.
The Smart Option Student Loan® for Glass City Federal Credit Union by Sallie Mae®
The Smart Option Student Loan is for borrowers attending degree-granting institutions.
Now you can pay for college the smart way with three great repayment options and competitive interest rates! This loan is an ideal solution to help you pay for college expenses not covered by scholarships and federal loans. To learn more or to apply, please get started here.
The Smart Option Student Loan features and benefits include:
- Multiple in-school repayment options plus a choice of competitive fixed and variable interest rates
- No origination fee and no prepayment penalty
- Benefits and an interest rate reduction available
- Rates that reward creditworthy borrowers
- Applying with a creditworthy co-signer may help you qualify
- 100% U.S.-based Student Loan Specialists
To learn more, please get started here.
|Loan Type||Term Max||Rate
(As Low As)
|Platinum Visa –
|Platinum Visa –
|Share Savings Secured Loan||Up to 60 Months||Varies||–|
|Certificate of Deposit
|Credit Builder Share Savings or CD Secured Loan||Up to 24 Months||3.50% APR*||$43.21***|
|Personal Loan||Up to 12 Months||9.74%*||$87.81***|
|Up to 24 Months||10.74%*||$46.50***|
|Up to 36 Months||11.74%*||$33.10***|
|Up to 48 Months||12.74%*||$26.71***|
|Up to 120 Months||10.24%*||$534.02****|
**** APR = Annual Percentage Rate. Rates subject to change. Loans subject to membership eligibility, credit approval and application. Rates are based on credit score.